Children's Safeguarding Lawyer
Fixed term (Up to 12 Months), Full time (36 Hours)
Salary MM1/MM2 £38,496 - £61,497
Enfield Legal Services is a friendly and progressive team focussed on delivering our clients’ objectives.
We are seeking a fixed term Children Safeguarding lawyer maternity cover for 12 months. You will be a qualified solicitor, barrister, Legal Executive or equivalent. You will be a team player and can demonstrate self-motivation, flexibility and a broad perspective in covering care proceedings. The ability to work to tight timescales/deadlines is essential for this role. A willingness to undertake advocacy on behalf of the Council is an advantage. The role will sometimes require working outside normal office hours and cross working with other teams within the department. Knowledge of computers and relevant office packages is required.
You will have a case load of care proceedings plus the opportunity to work on Adult Safeguarding, Education, Court of Protection, Mental Capacity, Homelessness and Community Care.
Enfield Council operates a Smart working policy.
This post is for maternity cover, from January 2022 to January 2023.
Experience in Local Government would be an advantage.
The appointment will be at grade MM1 or MM2 depending on experience.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 on Monday 13th December 2021
Interview date: Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st December 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Cheryl Ponnou on 0208 132 1023 or Cheryl.Ponnou@enfield.gov.uk
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Rita Hammond on 0208 132 1349 or Rita.firstname.lastname@example.org or Rachael Mitchell on 020 8132 1079 or Rachael.Mitchell@enfield.gov.uk for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.