London Borough of Redbridge Support Worker to visually impaired Social Worker
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City
This is an exciting time to join the London Borough of Redbridge, Community Health and Social Care at Seven Kings, with an ambitious integrated Health and Social care programme, bringing together both health and social care professionals to shape the lives of our residents making it a great place to live and work. We are looking for an individual to provide practical and physical support to a social worker who has a visual impairment and requires assistance with some tasks. The post holder is not required to meet personal care needs.
Our values of Honesty, Fairness, Excellence and Collaboration sit at the heart of everything we do, creating a thriving environment for our staff. We feel “Great people will make this a reality”, so we are committed to attracting staff that fully engage with our vision to make a real difference to people’s lives.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working options to enhance work-life balance
- Fair terms and conditions of employment
- Local facilities such as gyms to enhance well-being
- Subsidised parking facilities for staff
- Family friendly benefits such as childcare vouchers
- Favourable pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- 24-hour employee assistance service
- Staff discounts for local services, shops and leisure facilities
- Learning and Development opportunities to enhance career progression.
In return we ask for commitment to seek new ways to improve the delivery of our services through dedication and hard work. As a key member of the social work team, you will work in collaboration with the social worker, LBR/ NELFT colleagues and stakeholders to provide an excellent service, bringing together our vision of health and social care working side by side.
You will have:
- A proven track record of general office/administrative skills
- Good observational and communication skills; ability to express and explain verbally visual observations
- Ability to proofread reports and correspondence
- Experience of taking minutes
- An excellent telephone manner
- Effective IT skills – ability to use MS Office MS Outlook MS Excel (Intermediate to Experienced Level)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexible and have a good understanding of team-working
- Car driver desirable
If you think you have the necessary skills and experience and are committed to providing excellent services, we would like to hear from you.
For further information please contact: Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge