Business Change Senior Specialist – Grade 10 - £44,863 - £49,865 – 12 month FTC (potential to be permanent)
We are looking for an experienced full time Business Change Senior Specialist to join our change and transformation team, supporting our Directorates with their large scale transformation programmes.
You will be part of an exciting new directorate that is here to drive continuous improvement, embed change and deliver our corporate strategic priorities within our organisation. We pride ourselves on our use of innovation and best practice to drive present and future programme development. We are continuously developing our relationships and engagement with our stakeholders and partners, which allows us to effectively embed change across our organisation and wider systems. Our team has a wide depth of experience and a proven track record of delivering large scale transformation across all directorates. We are now looking to enhance our team with a Senior Specialist who can bring their own expertise and experience, to help further develop our offer to our customers and enable us to become recognised in the local government arena as best practice leaders within change management.
If you want to work within a strong, forward thinking team focused on improving outcomes for our residents and striving to always be the best we can, through change activity you should consider joining us.
Role summary/overview: Our Senior Business Change Specialists work with directorates across the council in a Business Partnering function, to scope and define directorates’ visions and ideas into tangible and strategic transformation and change programmes, that help to deliver the organisations' strategic priorities. They work with the leadership teams and services to ensure change is successfully adopted and embedded and therefore sustainable and effective, resulting in improving outcomes for our residents.
Skills, knowledge and experience we are particularly looking for in this role include:
- Strong stakeholder management skills – you will be working with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including Directors, Assistant Directors and Service Managers at a strategic level. On an operational level you will work closely and form effective relationships with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Project Managers, Business Analysts, Technology and Digital and other change enabling service specialists (HR/Finance/Comms/Customer Experience), partners, suppliers and consultants.
- Programme & Project Management experience/skills – a crucial part of this role is to work closely with our Project Management Office (PMO) and Project Managers to deliver change and transformation projects, so an understanding of project management methodologies (waterfall & agile) and key documentation such as project plans, risk registers and project initiation documents (PIDs) is desirable.
- Technology & Digital experience/skills (not essential) – the Business Change team forms part of a wider Digital and Change Service and we work closely with our colleagues in technology and digital areas to provide solutions for the organisation to enable innovative, progressive and continuous improvement and change.
- Understanding and experience of organisational change and transformation – ideally at a strategic level but essential at an operational level, you will have been involved in and contributed to organisational change and understand the importance of stakeholder engagement and buy in from the start. We are continuously developing our approach to behaviour and culture within transformation, including applied behavioural science as a tool for change. Knowledge of and/or qualifications in change management would be useful but not essential for this role.
- Resilience and ability to provide constructive challenge – working within our Change Delivery Framework, you be expected to adhere to our core principles and be responsible for the directorates we work with understanding and engaging with these principles to enable successful and effective change. This can sometimes involve reflection and challenge with stakeholders and therefore a resilient and positive mindset is essential.
- Outcomes focused approach – in Business Change we are heavily focused on achieving outcomes and realising the benefits that any transformation and change is set to achieve. This role will work closely with our PMO, Project Managers and Finance Business partners to ensure benefits are identified, monitored and measured throughout the change/transformation. A strong track record of delivering financial savings and other benefits is desirable for this role.
- Leadership – a key part of this role is leading the Business Change team, along with the other Senior Business Change Specialist and the Head of Change. This includes line management of individual staff, as well as coaching and mentoring the team as a whole to ensure that team members have the necessary skills, experience and understanding to contribute to the delivery of our Change and Delivery strategy.
This is a full time role and some evening and/or weekends may be required.
Closing date: 19th December 2021
Interview date: Likely to be 6th - 7th January 2022
If you would like an informal chat to find out more, please contact: Lewis Borges at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.