Are you a Debt Recovery warrior? Do you want to join the most successful Business Rates collection team in the country? Then this is the job for you!
*You will earn £13,558 - £17,781 per annum in this role.*
Being the number one for Business Rates collection is a credit to our hardworking and dedicated Business Rates and Debt Recovery team. Due to their success in servicing 20 commercial contracts they are now looking for a part-time addition to the team. You will maximise recovery of debt owed to Reigate & Banstead Borough Council and/or as well as that owed to other client Local Authorities, Housing Associations and other organisations. You will be involved in all aspects of recovery of multiple debt types which may include Housing Benefit Overpayments, Corporate Sundry Debt, Former Tenant Rent arrears, Business Rates and other commercial client debts.
As part of a great team you will always be working to progress into new areas of recovery, currently servicing and delivering on a large number of Business Rates and Debt Recovery contracts for a variety of clients.
About the Person:
- You must have experience of working for a local authority - Preferred
- You must have some knowledge of Debt Recovery – Essential
- You may have some knowledge of Business Rates - Preferred
- You will have proven experience of dealing with the public – Essential
- You can understand and interpret legislation, systems & processes - Essential
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- Good standard of education with a minimum of grade C of Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 19 December 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 04 January 2022
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.