Property Manager x 3
We are seeking 3 full time Property Manager to join our Property Management Team to deliver a comprehensive property and tenancy services for homeless households placed in private rented sector and temporary accommodation and ensure that accommodation under their patch management are used economically and effectively and remain in a good state of repair and compliant to statutory standards with regard to Health and Safety and suitability.
You will have exceptional customer service skills, a positive and ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working in a challenging and fast-moving environment with great colleagues and minimum supervision.
You will need to be organised with attention to details and have excellent communication skills along with property management experience including managing repairs and voids.
You must have a valid UK driving license and have access to own vehicle to perform your duties.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59 on 26th November 2021
Interview date(s): 14th & 15th December 2021
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact on Sarah Plummer 020 8132 2687 for an informal discussion
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon on 0208 132 1044 or email@example.com.