At Hammersmith & Fulham, we are ambitious in reforming the council to ensure this is a place for everybody. Within the Finance & Governance department, our ambition is to be 'ruthlessly financially efficient' in everything that we do, to ensure that our residents and services are receiving the best value for money whilst challenging old-fashioned thinking, unfairness and removing waste where possible.
The BI service’s mission is to use the Council’s data in collaborative and imaginative ways so that insight and intelligence is at the heart of how the Council operates and improves services to residents.
To support this an exciting new BI Developer Academy has been created which aims to develop the next generation of BI Developers. Split into various workstreams members of the Academy will work within specific projects across the organisation to develop BI solutions within our BI Infrastructure.
There will also be a development programme designed for each member of the Academy to help them develop their coding/data skills and gain a deeper understanding of the role of BI in Local Government. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop their career in BI development and will create a solid platform to advance within the Industry.
As part of the new BI Developer Academy the team is recruiting to a number of Assistant Developer roles who will be supporting the development of new BI solutions for the Council. Candidates must have an understanding of script/coding languages such as SQL, T-SQL, R or Python and good working knowledge on how to transform data. This is a technical role so candidates must be able to demonstrate an ability to work within a data warehousing environment.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Key Role Responsibilities are:
- To develop ETL packages and reporting scripts within the enterprise data warehouse.
- To develop technical BI solutions on complex subjects where the outcome and content is not straight forward
- To design and develop dashboards that enable services to improve data driven decision making
- To support the maintenance and operation of the BI Data Warehouse and Infrastructure including creating data loading packages and transformation coding.
- To develop a strong understanding of BI development and scripting including the application of technology for business intelligence.
- To support and produce technical BI Solutions against the Borough’s priorities and objective.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
Contact details for an informal discussion: Duncan Smith, Head of Business Intelligence on 07468 702269 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10 December 2021
Interview date: Week Commencing 16 December 2021