Deputyship Officer Grade 5 - £22,183- £24,491 per annum
The role will require you to manage the finances of vulnerable adults who have lost capacity to do so for themselves. This can include paying bills, making benefit applications, and supporting financial decisions in the home.
The role will entail but not limited to:
Working closely with many internal and external organisations such as Adult Social Care, the DWP, Office of the Public Guardian, Court of Protection, to ensure that our clients’ finances are safeguarded.
- Making applications to the Court of Protection and the DWP for WBC to manage the financial affairs of clients who do not have the capacity to do so for themselves, ensuring we are delivering a superior service for our clients.
- Maintaining a knowledge of the relevant legislation required to perform the duties of a Deputyship Officer.
- Visiting clients, Carers, or other agencies as required and in accordance with the Code of Practice for Deputies. Attending Seminars as applicable including representing WBC at any APAD and other relevant Conferences/Meetings as deemed necessary.
You will have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Target driven to deliver a consistently high level of customer service.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload
- Good level of IT and analytical skills
- Full driving licence and access to a car
It is an interesting and varied role; no two days are the same. If you pride yourself on your attention to detail, have the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy, and interested in a job that requires a degree of understanding and a caring nature in the area of supporting vulnerable adults, we’d like to hear from you.
For further details, please contact Clare Fell – Service Manager, Assessments: - 07825522591.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.