Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: JG5:- £22,183 to £24,491 per annum (£11.49 per hour)
Location: Based in Long Ashton, North Somerset
Hours: 37 hours per week, 4 days per week
Closing date: Tuesday 07 December 2021
We are looking an enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated Room Lead to join our outstanding team.
Do you consider yourself to have the skills of a good leader, team player, and motivator? Do you also have inspirational ideas to lead and develop a team of workers in a nursery where Children’s Centre core values are embedded alongside the EYFS? Early Birds Nursery is one of three North Somerset Council nurseries. We work closely with the child’s family and have effective partnerships with a range of agencies including Family Support Workers, Social Workers and Health Visitors, working towards improving the outcomes for our children.
You will need to have experience of leading and managing an early year’s team and considerable experience of working with children 6 months – 4 years of age. An excellent knowledge, and understanding of the EYFS is essential, and ideally, have experience of working with ‘In the Moment Planning’ although, not essential. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated. They will be reliable, patient, and have the confidence to use their initiative and work on their own.
As a Local Authority run nursery, we are committed to professionally developing our staff. Employees have access to council benefits which are detailed in the link below:
Other benefits include:
- Inquisitive, articulate, caring children.
- Hard working and supportive colleagues
- Interested and involved parents and service leaders
- A commitment to your professional development. Training includes statutory (Child Protection, First Aid, Food Hygiene, etc) and non-statutory (Helicopter Stories, In the Moment Planning, Emotional Regulation, Five to Thrive, Baby Friendly Initiative, Makaton, etc)
- A commitment to staff well-being, including Employee Assistance Programme; free telephone and online access offering confidential counselling, health and well-being support and legal advice.
- 24 days annual leave (rising to 29 with service increments), plus 8 Bank Holidays and 1 Council corporate day. The nursery closes for Christmas and New Year.
- Employee pension scheme.
- Cycle 2 Work Cycle Plus scheme with Halfords, which allows you purchase a bike and essential accessories tax free.
- NSC advantage+, giving you access to a range of benefits, discounts and offers.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Kay Smith, Nursery Manager or Lauren Roche, Deputy Manager on 01275 888580.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 15 December 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.