Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Business and Technical Support Services. The role will see the successful candidate supporting the coordinator and the team with the various service areas and administrative tasks on a day-to-day basis. This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking at progressing to a managerial position in the future and want to develop skills in delegating, coordinating tasks and some people management skills.
Please note this position is a job share and the hours required are Wednesday afternoons and full days on Thursdays and Fridays. Salary will be pro-rated to 18 hours (£13,988 per annum).
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and flexible person who is self-motivated, with a positive attitude and committed to Putting Our Residents First. You will need to have the ability to work on your own initiative and lead by example to ensure that the team priorities and deadlines are adhered to as per the Service Level Agreements. You will have excellent attention to detail and a sound knowledge of IT systems. You will preferably have previous experience of supporting multi-disciplinary teams with comprehensive knowledge of technical administration services and of developing and maintaining good working relationships.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
You are required to demonstrate strong examples of how you meet the job requirements and person specification. Please include your current CV in your application however please note that a CV alone will not be accepted.
Please ensure that you have addressed the application criteria in your responses.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.