£45,859 to £51,597 per annum
37 hours per week
Arun Civic Centre, Littlehampton - hybrid/remote working possible
We are looking for an experienced Technical Accountant with excellent IT skills. We are seeking sound supervisory experience and strong people skills to develop into a financial management role.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to deliver a fit for purpose accounting, and treasury management service that support the achievements of the Council’s objectives. You will manage the Accountancy Team providing management and financial accountancy support to the Council. Responsible for the formulation of the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) financial strategy and policies, the budget and Council tax setting process; Collection Fund; revenue and capital accounting and financing. This is a pivotal post in providing quality financial advice to Officers and Elected Members.
It is essential that the successful applicant possesses a broad range of IT skills including a thorough knowledge of excel.
The post holder will assist in helping the Council to ensure its financial sustainability in future.
For an informal chat about this post, including hybrid/remote working possibilities, please contact Clive Howey, Interim Financial Services Manager, on 01903 737558.
What we can offer you:
- Up to 37 days paid leave (inclusive of bank holidays), or 40 days if 5 years+ LG continuous service is held - PLUS Flexi-Time
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Flexible working scheme & ability to work remotely/hydrid arrangement
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simply Health Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
Closing Date: 7 December 2021 - 23.55pm
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, Please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.