Work under the Legal Framework of The Court of Protection.
Make a difference to Individuals who lack Mental Capacity within Bracknell Forest.
Bracknell Forest Council is a council that is brave enough to do things differently, It is about putting the people first and ensuring every opinion counts. We set standards for how a council should work, It’s about being open and being person centred to ensure we give the best possible service we can to meet the needs of the people we support to make a real difference and have a positive impact in their life.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a small team working closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to all Individuals under The Court of Protection or DWP Appointee ship.
This is a role that can be challenging but also very rewarding and also requires a lot of common sense. We are passionate about the job and individuals we support and ensure we carry the role out under the legal framework set for us by the Courts with consideration at all times to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the main 5 principles of this act. The priority within this team is to always do what is in the individuals best interest over and above anyone or anything else. Home working will play a major part in this role with only the occasional attendance in the office.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Assist with the preparation of applications to the Court of Protection for referred Individuals unable to manage their own affairs and the DWP for benefits.
- Ensure all invoices, utility bills and personal payments are made on behalf of each individual in a timely manner raising cheques for payments and setting up pre-paid cards while also reporting investigating and identify errors.
- Maintain a variety of manual and computerised records checking Individuals financial transactions on a monthly basis and investigating any variances.
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliations and report any variances
- Send pre-paid card statements to home managers
- Raise Invoices for Court of Protection fee’s each month.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
What we’re looking for…
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing to supported individuals who may have a range of disabilities.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Self motivated with the ability to work on own initiative at home, and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn new responsibilities quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures such as bank reconciliations
- Hav an understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2001
Interviews will be held on 14th and 15th December 2021 by means of video link via Teams or Zoom.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Ann Secular, Deputyship and Appointee Manager, on 01344 351507 or email@example.com
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No Agencies Please
How to Apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Candidate Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.