Job Advert – Early Years Teacher and Under Threes Lead
£35,949 - £37,491 per annum
Full time, 35 hours per week, permanent, all year round
Are you passionate about working with under-fives?
Do you have experience of successfully leading and supporting an early years team to improve practice and outcomes for children?
Do you want to make your mark by being the first person in this brand-new role?
If you are then we could have the job for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our outstanding school and children’s centre and become part of the thriving team at Ambler!
We are seeking to appoint dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and committed Early Years Teacher and Under Threes Lead to join our well-established and expanding early years team.
The role of the Early Years Teacher is to assist the Children’s Centre Lead in the efficient and effective delivery of high-quality early years provision. This will be achieved by implementing the Early Years Teacher standards and providing excellent leadership for early years practitioners across the baby and toddler room, guiding and advising on the quality and standard of provision and ensuring the best possible outcomes for all children.
The role combining hands-on practice across the under threes with time out to take on senior management responsibilities, including deputising in the absence of the Children’s Centre Lead.
With the new EYFS reforms, it is an exciting time to join our constantly evolving team as we go on a journey to use the new educational programmes to design an innovative, ambitious, memorable and engaging curriculum, right for the children we work with.
The Ambler provision of school and children’s centre provides a seamless integrated service from pre-birth to the end of year 6. The Children's Centre is situated in the Bright Start Central area in a light and large purpose-built space set in the grounds of Ambler Primary School, a beautiful locally listed Victorian building. We have a spacious garden with our very own Forest!
In the children’s centre, we provide full wrap around care and education for children from 6 months to five years. We also host a wide variety of outreach services to the local community, supporting our families to achieve successful outcomes. We are open from Monday- Friday from 08:00 to 18:00, 49 weeks per year.
We have the privilege of working in a very rich and diverse community which includes many children and families from a range of backgrounds and cultures and this vibrant blend makes the Ambler community a unique and energising place to be.
At Ambler, we promote equality, challenge discrimination and recognise the positive value that comes from having a truly diverse workforce. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds who reflect the diverse community of our school.
We can offer you:
- An established staff team providing excellent services for our community
- A warm, positive working environment where everyone is valued
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and talented leadership and staff team
- The opportunity to be part of develop and drive
- An opportunity to develop and deliver inspiring initiatives
- Fantastic continuous professional development opportunities and training
We are looking for candidates with:
- Experienced in supporting and guiding others to enhance rich quality learning experiences for children
- A successful record of strong, proactive and solution focused leadership in the early years
- Excellent knowledge and experience of providing high-quality care and education for young children, particularly developmentally appropriate practice for children from 6 months to 3 years.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply a strong knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
- Ability to plan, prepare and deliver activities for children's individual needs
- Ability to monitor, assess and write quality observations
- Ability to work as part of a team and to follow and embed whole school initiatives
- A commitment to improving outcomes for all our children and families as part of multi-agency team working
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding Policies and Procedures for in line with school policies and procedures, and Government guidance
Visits are currently unavailable, however, you can visit via the ‘virtual tour’ on our website. If you are shortlisted, a tour will be included as part of the interview day.
Deadline for applications: Midnight, Sunday 5th December 2021
Short-listing: Monday 6th December 2021
Interviews: Thursday 9th and Friday 10th December 2021