An exciting opportunity has arisen in Adult Social Care for a Social Worker with Social Work England registration to join the PFA Team.
PFA Team is a busy, supportive and friendly team, where we can guarantee each day will be different, whilst working with young people transferring from Children to Adult Services. Referrals are also taken via the Front Door.
Our aim is to promote and maintain independence involving the supported person to have choice and control over what matters to them in their lives using a strength-based approach.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About The Role
The successful candidate will undertake Care Act assessments/reviews for people already receiving services from Reading Adult Social Care. Completing Safeguarding Adult investigations and working with the Mental Capacity Act will be an integral part of the role.
The role involves working with adults with a broad range of needs including people with learning and physical disabilities. It also involves providing information, advice and support to Carers.
The team consists of Social Workers (mixture of newly qualified social workers, social workers, experienced social workers and Senior social workers), Social Care Coordinators and Occupational Therapists.
We work closely with our colleagues in Adult Social Care, BFFC and within Reading Borough Council, Health Professionals, Voluntary and Charity colleagues to facilitate the best possible outcomes for those people we support.
Having access to a car or having a driving license is essential for this role.
You will need to provide evidence of having received both your COVID-19 vaccinations.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Regular Supervision, Appraisals and excellent opportunities for CPD including BIA/LPS training.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus Bank Holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success.
Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
To learn more, please contact Lottie Fairman (Preparing for Adulthood) - email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 6th December 2021
Interview date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.