At South Kesteven District Council, we want to change people's lives in meaningful ways by becoming the best District in which to live, work, and visit. And it's our people in #TeamSK who make it all possible.
We currently have an opportunity to join our Environmental Health Team:
Environmental Health Officer/Senior Housing Standards Officer
For this post you will be either a fully qualified EHO (registered with EHRB) or be an experienced officer in Housing Standards with relevant qualifications/ training. You will also need an in depth current knowledge of relevant legislation and previous experience of working in a local government enforcement environment.
The purpose of this role is to improve housing conditions in the private rental sector through education, dialogue and where necessary enforcement action against letting agents and landlords. The role will include enforcement of regulations that cover housing conditions and Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) management & licensing. The role also includes giving advice and guidance; having input in the development of policies; and taking part in joint working and Partnership working.
The workload is varied and challenging and requires an ability to time manage cases relevant to their seriousness and urgency. A full current driving licence and flexible approach is essential. The postholder must be a good team worker, self-motivated, self-disciplined and be committed to our customer orientated approach. You will need good customer care skills, including tact, diplomacy and the ability to listen.
We are committed to caring for our employees both inside and outside the workplace and provide a variety of benefits, such as:
- a generous local government pension scheme
- opportunities to progress and develop your career and skillset
- access to a range of health and wellbeing activities
- flexible working, including flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- generous leave entitlement of 25 days (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) plus bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- travel season ticket loan and a variety of other staff/family friendly benefits and discounts
- Payment of Chartered Institute of Environmental Health professional membership fee.
- Relocation package available for the right candidate (permanent position only)
Please indicate which post you are applying for on your application.
For an informal chat about the roles please contact Pete Rogers on 01476 406327 or email P.ROGERS@southkesteven.gov.uk
Interviews: 6 and 7 January 2022