Business Rates Manager
Based within the Income & Debt Team
Salary - MM2 £48,078 - £61,497 pa
Hours - Perm Full time 36 Hours
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Business Rates Manager who will form part of the Income & Debt management team. The post holder will report directly to The Head of Income & Debt leading the Business Rates team to ensure delivery of a high- quality level of service for our businesses, as well as developing and building on existing partnerships both within the Council and also with our stakeholders and business partners.
The Business Rates team forms part of the Income & Debt service and provides support and help to businesses across the borough. The postholder will ensure a positive team working ethic and will be responsible for developing and implementing new working practices and efficiencies when required.
We require a manager who will bring new collection initiatives, whilst providing early help intervention and support, and ensuring income is maximised and debt is reduced, particularly when looking at the post adverse impact of Covid.
The successful candidate will be expected to bring their own skills, knowledge and experience to the team, they will be expected to keep up to date and interpret and apply new legislation and incentives along- side London Borough of Enfield’s internal policies and procedures.
Our culture: We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Friday the 3rd December 2021
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
• Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Bridgette Cowley on 02045267091 or email email@example.com
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Farida Uddin, Recruitment Consultant on 0208 1321027 or Farida.firstname.lastname@example.org
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.