Salary range: £22,815 - £29,972 p.a. inc. plus London weighting £4,082 (pro rata)
Contract: 12 months fixed term with potential to extend to another 6 months, depending on securing of funding. There may also be the opportunity for additional teaching hours
Hours of work: 18 hours per weekLocation: Brent Start Stonebridge Centre and other locations from time to time
An Excellent Opportunity
Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up. Brent’s diversity is evident to all who visit our borough and our long history of ethnic and cultural diversity has created a place that is truly unique and valued by those who live and work here.
The council is pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our community so it is an exciting time to join us
Are you a team player?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves for the benefit of learners? Do you go the extra mile when needed? Have you got a good track record for the attendance and achievement of your learners?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to these questions you are the kind of person we are looking for.
In response to the pandemic and as part of the London Recovery Programme led by the GLA, Brent Start will be delivering a 2 year project called ‘Good Work for All’ focusing on upskilling Londoners in Adult Social Care and IT related roles.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and innovative individual on a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of increasing to a second year to teach Digital Skills Entry level to up to Level 2 qualifications, as required. All our classes are for adult learners of mixed levels and ages.
This role requires teamwork and a willingness to do what it takes to support Brent Start and the curriculum area in which you will work. You will strengthen the teaching team at Brent Start which will help build a creative, flexible and committed team.
With attendance at team meetings, events and standardisation/audit meetings, initial assessment, completion of course file and ILPs, you will be a committed member of staff that can be relied upon to produce quality and provide learners with an excellent experience.
We are seeking individuals who:
- Are fully qualified teacher with either a PGCE or a Cert Ed as a minimum
- Are qualified at Level 2 for English and Maths or above
- Experience of delivering IT courses from Entry level to Level 3 and employability skills
- Proficient in MS Office especially MS Word, Spreadsheets and Powerpoint
- Experience of teaching website design, website management and coding
- Qualified assessor
- Knowledge of Google Classroom and other learning platforms such as Zoom and WhatsApp
- Experience in teaching admin courses
- Experience in social media platforms
Other key skills
- Resilient and creative
- Positive in the classroom with strong classroom management skills
- Empathetic towards learners
- Flexible with teaching styles in order to adapt to each individual’s needs
- Strong team player and good interpersonal communication skills
- Good understanding of quality frameworks, ILPs and Internal Verification