PUBLIC PROTECTION BUSINESS UNIT
INSURANCE AND RISK OFFICER
SCALE NS9 - £27,041 TO £28,672 PER ANNUM (Pay Award Pending)
Located at Castle House, Newark, we are seeking a committed individual to join the small Safety and Risk team to help deliver the Councils Insurance responsibilities. In this interesting and varied role you will:
- Administer all aspects of insurance for the District Council and its trading companies’ operations.
- Lead on, administer, investigate and control all claims under all classes of insurance.
Working closely with the Safety and Risk Manager you will:
- Provide assistance in the delivery of the corporate risk management function.
- Provide assistance in the development and maintenance of operational and strategic risks, maintaining risk registers, liaising with risk owners and producing data for the compilation of reports.
Key Requirements are:
- Previous experience in delivering insurance/ risk services, ideally within a local authority setting.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- The ability to us a range of IT applications including excel and word and to learn specialist software
- Good numeracy skills
- The ability to effectively communicate financial information
What we can offer you:
- enrolment in to a local government pension scheme
- a minimum of 25 days annual leave that increases with service
- discounted gym membership
- the opportunity to join a friendly, knowledgeable team who are committed to providing a professional service to both internal and external customers.
- subsidised car parking
- modern headquarters office building and facilities
In addition we are committed to building and maintaining a flexible, resilient and responsive workforce, who can support the needs of our residents. We want to attract as wide a pool of talented candidates as possible and, where we can, will offer you flexibility in the way you work. We will consider suggestions for how the responsibilities of the role can be met through working different hours, days or in different locations.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Richard Bates (01636) 655593.
Closing date: 12.00 noon Friday 3 December 2021
Interviews: To be held during week commencing 13 December 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form. However, you can request an application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org