The starting salary for this role is £53,018 per annum and is based on a 36 working hour week.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Commercial Team within Land & Property at Surrey County Councils as an Investment Portfolio Manager. Are you looking for a new opportunity to develop your career, working alongside enthusiastic professionals who want to make a difference?
The team you will be working in is responsible for the management of investment assets owned directly by the Council, or through their investment company Halsey Garton Property. The portfolio totals c.£400m in a range of sectors including Retail, Office, Industrial and Leisure with lot sizes from £10m - £75m. The role will include providing commercial assistance on the Councils wider portfolio and strategic development sites. The department provides high quality professional property services to customers both within and beyond the organisation.
You will be bringing expertise and innovation to the role and will work on local, regional, national and collaborative projects, often as part of a multi-disciplinary, cross functional team. You will be supporting the Senior Investment & Development Manager in the management and oversight of the investment portfolios, identifying and implementing value add opportunities and developing key relationships with tenants, occupiers and advisors.
The role will involve taking responsibility for monitoring the Investment Portfolio budget, working alongside internal Finance colleagues to understand and report on financial modelling, to inform investment decisions and monitor tenant arrears, capital budgets and rent collection. Working alongside the Senior Investment & Development Manager and external consultants, you will identify investment and development opportunities that meet defined criteria, as outlined in the Investment Strategy, and seek appropriate governance approval to proceed.
The team currently operates from our Woodhatch Reigate base but with flexible working arrangements. Staff will be expected to operate in a flexible way to meet the needs of our customers and work demands, using agile working methods that allow business to be conducted from multiple locations.
Additional reasons it's great to work for Surrey County Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Up to 26 days annual leave rising to 28 after 2 years of service, and ability to purchase additional days. You will also get eight public holidays per year
- Lease car scheme, bus and rail fare discounts, and season tickets loans
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work
- Career development from a range of learning experiences including training courses provided internally.
To apply and be considered for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or working towards membership, ideally
- Proven experience in a similar portfolio management or consultancy role, ideally including experience in the private sector
- Experience of managing investment assets of a value of at least £10m
- Ability to identify, implement and execute added value across the portfolio
- A very numerate approach and a strong head for data and analysis - you’ll be assisting senior asset managers with validating valuations and forward-looking financial projections
- Good understanding of landlord and tenant law and good working knowledge of commercial property legal agreements
- Strong verbal, written and presentational skills and comfortable with report writing
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to bring together project sponsors, expert advisers, external consultants, contractors and end users together to form an effective team focussed on delivery of the project.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 10 December 2021, with interviews to follow.
For an informal discussion, please contact Ryan Curran by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.