We have an exciting opportunity to lead the Public Realm and Environment Sustainability service. The role will work closely with the Corporate Director of Environment and be instrumental in shaping and delivery of services including Waste Management, Street Cleansing, Green Spaces, Environmental Enforcement and the Councils plans to respond to the impact of Climate Change.
The successful candidate will;
- Be qualified to degree level with significant experience of leading and managing teams at service level;
- Have extensive knowledge and understanding of local government particularly those related to the section;
- Think strategically and help develop policies and programmes that deliver the Council's Public Realm strategies;
- Work collaboratively with other teams, internal and external stakeholders;
- Have the ability to coordinate all aspects of front line services within a performance management framework;
In return we can offer you a salary up to £51,216, great work life balance with flexible working arrangements (including homeworking by agreement), up to 28 days annual leave subject to length of service, employer pension contribution of 18.3%, free onsite parking, discounted gym membership, access to occupational health and wellbeing services, extensive training and development opportunities and a supportive workplace culture that allows you to develop and grow.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Mark Billington, Corporate Director of Environment on 01253 887456.
How to Apply
A career in local government can be very rewarding, offering a variety of roles and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Wyre Council offers this development through many of its career paths.
To apply for one of our vacancies, click on ‘apply online’ to begin your application