The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is recruiting a senior public health officer to lead public health work on the development, delivery and evaluation of local council and Integrated Care System (ICS) strategies and to drive a Health in All Policies approach. This is an opportunity for a creative and highly motivated individual to use their public health skills to promote and develop synergies between public health and the wider council and ICS objectives - with the aim of improving the health of the population and reducing inequalities.
What it’s like working in our team…
The Public Health team in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead combines specialist skills and expertise with a creative and collaborative approach to improve the health and wellbeing of residents. The team is part of a wider network of public health teams across East Berkshire which work together under the Joint Director of Public Health for East Berkshire.
We will give you the support and resources you need to do your job well and provide a great opportunity for you to learn new skills, develop and progress.
You will work, with support from other public health team members, to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Lead the public health input into the development, delivery and evaluation of local council and Integrated Care System (ICS) strategies.
- Provide leadership and vision to drive the development and delivery of a “Health in All Policies” approach.
- Work collaboratively and creatively across the council and with partner organisations to influence the wider determinants of health.
- Engage frontline teams to promote the “Making Every Contact Count” approach.
- Deputise for the Public Health Consultant.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can work strategically and collaboratively with a wide range of colleagues to maximise health gains for residents and communities. You will be an excellent communicator. Success in this post will require you to form close partnerships with both internal and external partners across a variety of organisations. You will have a master’s or professional qualification in a relevant field (ideally public health or another health-related field).
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact Dr Anna Richards, Consultant in Public Health on 07792 318263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5 December 2021
Interviews: 14 December 2021