Paid weeks per year: 46.94 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: Initially, with a view to being made permanent
Start date: 4th January 2022
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated TA/INA, to work with children with complex needs. The post is 8.30am-3.15pm, Mon-Fri, term time only, Grade B. The post also includes a lunchtime duty.
About the role
Downs Junior is a large 4 form entry school, with 512 pupils, situated in the popular Fiveways area of Brighton. We are a happy and successful school committed to delivering a creative and inspirational curriculum whilst, at the same time, raising standards of achievement.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience with pupils following early years curriculum
- Experience of, and ability to work with, children 1-1, and children with complex needs
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Commitment to Inclusion
- Good IT skills
- Firm, kind and flexible approach
- Ability to work under the general guidance of the SENCO & Class Teacher.
- Good sense of humour
- Firm understanding approach to supporting vulnerable pupils & those with attachment difficulties
- As we are an Autistic aware school, we would welcome applicants who have experience in this field.
We also welcome applicants who are interested in developing a teaching career at a later date.
Closing date: 10am, Monday 29th November
Interview date: 30th November and 1st December
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Rugby Road, Brighton, BN1 6ED, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 558422
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.