Teaching Assistant 1-1 (SEN) Level 2
Pay Band D / SCP 5-6
£19,312 - £19,698 pro-rata per annum
SEN Premium £1,324 pro-rata
(Actual Salary: £11,863.00- £12,101 per annum)
(Actual SEN: £814.00 per annum)
25 hours per week / 9.00 am until 3.30 pm / 46 weeks per year (Flexibility will be required)
Temporary contract to commence 5th January 2022 (Subject to funding)
The Governors of St Margaret Mary’s Catholic Infant school are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic Teaching Assistant with strong SEN skills, with a proven track record of raising attainment. We see this as an exciting opportunity for you to work alongside a forward-thinking Senior Leadership team who are dedicated to providing the best outcomes for all our pupils.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in supporting a pupil(s) with specific complex needs on a 1 to 1 basis helping to develop independence and communication interaction.
- Candidates should be suitably qualified and have experience of working with pupils who have SLD/ASC/SEMH/Complex needs
- Committed to raising standards, ensuring children achieve their full potential
- Adaptable and able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Committed to working in partnership with colleagues, other professionals and families
- Demonstrate high expectations and standards in learning, teaching and behaviour
Our school can offer you:
- A good school that seeks to provide outstanding opportunities and outcomes for all its pupils
- A welcoming, happy and caring environment where pupils and staff enjoy coming to school
- A supportive and enthusiastic team of dedicated professionals
Please see person specification for further details of experience and qualifications for this post.
St Margaret Mary’s Catholic Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Application packs are available from our school website St Margaret Mary's Catholic Infant School - Vacancies (stmargaretmarysinfant.com) and should be returned via email to Samantha Lackey (School Business Manager) - Samantha.Lackey@knowsley.gov.uk. Please note we do not accept CV’s.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school office on 0151 477 8815 to arrange an appointment
Closing date: Monday, 29 November 2021 (9 am)
Shortlisting date: 29 November 2021
Interview Date: Thursday, 9 December 2021 – Time: TBC