Salary: £24,555 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 29 November 2021
How to apply: Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered. The Application Form is here: https://www.ymcadlg.org/application-form-4/?post-name=Night%20Support%20Worker%20-%20Brighton%20&%20Hove&post-location=Brighton%20&%20Hove,%20East%20Sussex
About the role
YMCA Downs Link Group are seeking a Night Support Worker to provide safe, secure accommodation for young people aged 16 to 25, who have been, or are at risk of, homelessness.
You will alternate on a pattern between two 24-hour supported accommodation services, situated centrally within Brighton and Hove: Lansworth House and Gareth Stacey House. These sites offer high quality accommodation to 21 and 15 residents respectively, including large communal areas and garden spaces, providing opportunities for innovation in 1:1 support and group work activities.
• Ensure that the services are as safe, secure, quiet and welcoming as possible through the night addressing any issues of noise or anti-social behaviour promptly
• Offering space for young people to talk about issues that may be affecting them, and working within a boundaried, team approach
• Approach noise/ASB issues or incidents with empathy, compassion, clarity and a sense of priority
• Experienced in and/or passionate about working directly with young people aged 16-25 and able to engage and relate well to this age group
• A confident and capable communicator with the ability to engage, inspire, enhance learning and provoke thoughtful reflection
• Understanding of the key risks, challenges and opportunities for young people
• Works well within a team approach, including keeping sound records and giving/receiving detailed handovers to ensure consistency and continuity of service and engaging well in supervision
Expected working pattern: The position involves working on a 4 waking night shifts on, 4 waking shifts off rota pattern from 9.30pm to 8.30 am.
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.