Reading is a large and very diverse town with great transport links (Rail and Bus), shopping and places to eat! We have great transport links with easy access to the M4 and M3 and easy access by train to London, Bristol, Birmingham and beyond.
We are a local authority working for the community. We are improving the lives of our residents…
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and talented Social worker here in Reading. Whether you are at the start of your Social Work career or have many years of great experience. We have the job for you!
The Advice and Wellbeing Hub is a busy, supportive and friendly team, working with people of all ages and backgrounds and their families and carers. The Advice and Wellbeing Hub uses a Conversations Count strengths-based model to promote choice and control and achieve excellent outcomes.
You will work with individuals who have been referred for support for up to 6 weeks, to maximise their independence in their own homes. Promoting choice and control and using a strength-based approach.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will undertake work using the Conversation Counts model, working on prevention and early support. This will include using your social works skills to undertake Care Act assessments, safeguarding investigations , Mental Capacity assessments , and support best interest meetings.
You will manage a caseload of individuals.
The role involves working with adults with a broad range of needs including people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, older people and supporting people with substance/alcohol misuse. It also involves providing information, advice and support to Carers.
This post offers opportunities to improve your skills and experience in Adult Social Care with high quality, client-led, interventions to service users in their own homes, in a friendly and supportive team.
We offer a flexible working environment with a mixture of home working and access to an office based in the centre of Reading.
You will work within the legal framework provided by the statute, guidance, policies and procedures.
You will need to have:
- A degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Registration with Social work England
We offer excellent support, supervision and induction.
You will have access to our Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth with opportunities to learn and develop new clinical skills, helping you to build your Continuing Professional Development portfolio, extending your skills and supporting you to grow as a social worker.
What CQC said about Reading...
‘A recent review by the Care Quality Commission recognized the good practice in the team here at Reading Borough Council.
Older people had a positive experience of health and social care services. People were treated with dignity, as individuals, and they found that services were provided in a timely and consistent way.’
The team consists of Social Workers, Social Care Coordinators and Occupational Therapists.
We work closely with our colleagues in Reading Borough Council, Health Professionals, Voluntary and Charity colleagues to facilitate the best possible outcomes for those people we support.
Having access to a car or having a driving license is preferred for this role.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Regular Supervisions, appraisals and excellent opportunities for CPD including BIA/LPS training.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
Closing date: Thursday 2nd December 2021
Interview date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you would like to find out more about this role and the team please contact Caroline Marsh Assistant Team Manager on 0118 937 3672, firstname.lastname@example.org or Carole Lee, Lead Occupational Therapist on 0118 937 4712, email@example.com
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.