The Community Mental Health Team in Blaenau Gwent seeks to employ a registered Social Worker to join our multi-disciplinary team at Cwm Coch, Ysbyty Aneurin Bevan. Working in adult services in a multi-disciplinary team offers practitioners diverse, fast paced and interesting work in a challenging yet rewarding environment. We are looking for a Social Worker who is passionate and committed to improving outcomes for some of the most vulnerable citizens in the area who live with serious mental illness.
This is a permanent position for 37 hours per week. You will require a degree in Social Work or equivalent. Ideally you will be an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) or willing to undertake the relevant training for the AMHP role. Previous experience of working within a mental health setting is required.
If having read the Job description and person specification, you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact either Laura Harbinson, Assistant Team Manager (01495 363 224), or Alison Minett, Service Manager (01495 356 080)
We are looking for people who are committed to putting our citizens at the heart of the work that we do and who want to work in a fast paced, dynamic and diverse area of work. Blaenau Gwent Community Mental Health Team are looking for a Social Worker who is passionate and committed to improving outcomes for some of the most vulnerable citizens of Blaenau Gwent.
- You will be a qualified Social Worker and be registered with the Care Council for Wales
- You will hold a full valid driving license and have the use of a car during working hours, mileage allowance will be paid.
- You will have a sound knowledge of the legislative framework used within mental health and adult services.
- You will work as part of a progressive team undertaking assessments as well as developing care and treatment plans in line with part 2 of the Mental Health (Wales) Measure (2010).
- You will be able to use a strengths based approach to practice, working with individuals and carers to promote and maximise recovery and independent living.
- You will need experience in undertaking risk assessments and developing risk management plans.
- You will be committed to undertaking training opportunities and attending supervisions and peer support sessions.
- You will be an Approved Mental Health Professional or willing to undertake the relevant training.
As an employee of Blaenau Gwent you will benefit from a range of support including:
- A comprehensive induction
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Agile working, promoting a healthy work-life balance
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ continuous service) plus statutory holiday’s
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Training that promotes professional development
- Support to complete the Approved Mental Health Professional Qualification
- Regular supervision, annual appraisal and opportunity for reflective practice
- supportive management and colleagues
- Visible and strong leadership from senior management
It’s a challenging, but exciting time to be working in social care. We would love you to come and join us. If having read the Job description and person specification, you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact either Laura Harbinson, Assistant Team Manager (01495 363 224), or Alison Minett, Service Manager (01495 356 080)
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: 2nd December 2021 – 12:00am, midnight
Interview Date: 15th December 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.