Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum, pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 03 December 2021
About the role
As part of the Senior Management Team, you will contribute to providing visible, inspiring, and engaging leadership and direction within YMCA DLG. You will be accountable for developing and delivering a people strategy that enables all staff and volunteers at YMCA DLG to thrive. We need someone who will provide strategic and operational leadership across the whole people lifecycle and who will improve how we recruit, onboard, develop and retain highly engaged staff. The role will work with the Director of People & Culture to develop a truly inclusive and dynamic working culture, taking the organisation forward in our ambition to be the leading provider of support for children, young people and families across Sussex and Surrey.
We are looking for an experienced HR leader and manager (CIPD level 7, or equivalent experience) with understanding of/experience in strategic organisational development. They will have expertise in the provision of both workforce development and organisational development and the credibility to influence at all levels in the organisation. With strong proven leadership ability, excellent communication skills, high emotional intelligence and the ability to relate confidently to a range of stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have experience of fair and inclusive leadership and an excellent understanding of how to promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- To design, develop, and implement a People Strategy for YMCA DLG which enables all staff and volunteers to belong, contribute and thrive.
- To partner with the Leadership Team to create a positive organisational culture which prioritises developing talent and excellent people management.
- To act as the organisation’s key advisor on HR issues, managing and leading organisational change including organisational redesign/TUPE transfers
- Understanding of current UK employment law, contracts, and basic legal knowledge.
- Deep understanding of best practice in designing highly effective attraction, recruitment, engagement and performance development and management practices, to develop high performing leaders, teams, and employees.
- Excited to be a part of something meaningful which maximises YMCA DLG’s contribution to the outcomes of vulnerable children and young people across Sussex and Surrey.
Expected working pattern
You will work 7.5 hours a day from Monday to Thursday and 7 hours on Friday.
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.