Housing Policy, Performance & Business Planning Lead
Full Time Salary: £52,342 - £55,719
Closing Date: 10/12/2021
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
We currently have a new exciting opportunity to join the team in MKC, leading the development of housing policy, performance and business planning. You will play a crucial role in ensuring our policies are robust and are in line with the latest legislative changes and that these are consistent throughout the organisation. You will also co-ordinate the performance reporting across Housing services to ensure that this is effectively challenged and published on a timely basis as well as managing the Housing Systems and Change Team who play a key role in ensuring that we have strong and effective systems which support our tenants and leaseholders. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will work closely with the Housing Finance Team to develop the Housing business plan, our overarching strategic plan of how we will deliver our ambitions for housing and council plan priorities in this area. It is an exciting time to join the council, supporting the delivery of new council housing, regeneration of a number of estates and ensuring that we continue our work to bring our existing homes up to a decent standard with a clear focus on carbon reduction and sustainability.
- Leading on the overall strategy development for Housing across the Borough by working across the Council and with key external partners.
- To co-ordinate the development and maintenance of all other housing strategies, policies and procedures to support the overall delivery of the Housing Service.
- To lead, develop and maintain the Councils 30 Year HRA Business Plan to deliver for our tenants and leaseholders within available resources.
- To lead on the Councils responses to government consultation processes working across the Council and partner organisations.
- To keep abreast of national and regional policy development and regulations and working with Heads of Service apply this within the Council to inform future strategy, policy and business processes.
- To ensure that the Council complies with the HCA’s Regulatory Framework, the new Consumer Standards and that the Housing Services Local Offer is agreed and regularly updated in consultation with residents and councillors.
- To co-ordinate the performance reporting across Housing ensuring that this is effectively challenged and published on a timely basis.
- To lead the Housing Systems and Change Team to ensure that the Council has strong and effective systems which support our tenants and leaseholder, whilst delivering best value for the Council.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Membership of Charter Institute of Housing.
- Proven leadership skills and experience of managing and developing staff (including performance management and succession planning). Ability to inspire and motivate a range of employees and generate a positive working environment.
- Significant experience of Housing Strategy Development, Policy and knowledge of the housing regulatory framework.
- Experience of using and developing Housing IT systems to drive performance improvement and outcomes.
- Be able to explain complicated and technical information in a manner that can be understood by others with different levels of knowledge on the subject, including senior stakeholders and councillors using multiple tools; written (preparation of presentations and report writing including cabinet papers), and deliver presentations.
- To manage, motivate and develop the staff within the team providing support to ensure that priorities are identified, objectives achieved and to enhance its overall level of performance and professional standards.
- Ability to apply innovative and creative thinking to complex service challenges and deliver high quality solutions within a highly pressurised environment.
Departmental Benefits of this role
- We have an extensive in-house training programme, both Council wide but also specifically within the team.
- This role is suitable to be considered for home working, with appropriate ICT equipment provided for the role
For more information and to apply, please click on the apply button.