The main purpose of the post is to:
- Supporting parents with children aged 0-5 years and signposting up to 19 years
- Targeted 1-1 work with the most vulnerable families
- Promote the Family Hubs and the services they deliver
- Support staff in the delivery of family learning courses and post-natal sessions.
- Attend Child protection and multi-agency meetings
- Joint working with other professionals such as; Health, Children’s Services, local early years settings and community groups
- Complete a My Family Plan and case notes for supported families.
- Plan and facilitate universal sessions such as Baby groups, Stay, Play & Learns at the Central hub and at our outreach settings in Compton and Hermitage.
The successful applicant will join a team of 4 Family Support Workers and be based at the Central Family Hub, Thatcham RG18 3PG
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum rising to a maximum of 32 days.
For more information please contact Sharon Pearce, Hub Manager by email Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org or 07824 408456.
Interview will be held on 15/12/2021
How to Apply
Please complete an online application form.
Where possible please use Google Chrome as your preferred internet browser to complete your online application form. This system no longer supports the use of Internet Explorer as a browser which will cause issues when trying to submit your application.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share these values. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be offered employment subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This privacy notice applies to job applicants applying for vacancies with West Berkshire Council https://info.westberks.gov.uk/pnapplications