Business Support Officer
Salary - SC5 - £25,137 - £27,483 (Pro-Rata)
Part Time (14.4 hrs) - Fixed Term
The advertised salary is for full time work, the salary for part time will be calculated on a pro-rata basis the part time salary is £10,054.80 to £10,993.20
Would you like to join a small exciting and dynamic team within the Virtual School which is based within social care?
You will be supporting a new role of advice and guidance to those children with a social worker, reporting to the Assistant Head for Vulnerable Children who reports to the Head Teacher of the Virtual School. You will be expected to provide business support two days a week to support and improve the pastoral and academic outcomes of this vulnerable group of children. You will be contributing to the delivery of an administrative function to ensure effective operation of the service and be expected to collect, co-ordinate, analyse and interpret performance/management information to meet all local, national and statutory information requirements and data returns for the service. Experience of working in children services or a school is vital.
This post is initially for one year on a fixed term basis as it is funded via a DfE grant but it is expected to be extended for the foreseeable future.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Wednesday 1st December 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Suzanne Rowson on 02081320336 or Suzanne.email@example.com for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Yewande Ibidunni on 0208 1321306 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.