DEPARTMENT: PRIVATE SECTOR HOUSING & LICENSING
JOB TITLE: LICENSING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER [PRIVATE SECTOR HOUSING]
PAY: £38,324 - £40,751*
[*includes £5,000 market supplement PA]
Contract: Fixed Term (12 months)
Would you like to be part of one of the most ambitious property licensing schemes in London?
• Exciting and challenging work environment – lots of variety and opportunities to stretch your capabilities
• Career progression – we provide training and courses to help you improve your potential
• One of the highest pay levels in London – we offer a market supplement on the standard pay scales to ensure good staff are rewarded for the work they do
• A range of staff benefits, from flexible working and a tax-free bike scheme to discounts in stores and interest-free travel loans.
We’re looking to recruit a Licensing Enforcement Officer to support the Council’s private sector housing enforcement and licensing functions.
Waltham Forest is designated as a Selective Licensing area and was one of the first Councils to adopt and use powers to impose financial penalties as an alternative to prosecution proceedings.
Displaying excellent verbal and written communication skills, and flexibility in working patterns and practices, the successful candidate will play a central role in the delivery of housing enforcement and licensing objectives.
Appointed officers will ensure that all aspects of commerciality are fully integrated into their day to day role as a front-line field officer.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated officer with a demonstrable commitment to top quality regulatory services, with relevant qualifications and/or experience
The Council will offer appropriate support to successful candidates in their professional development
About Waltham Forest
The London Borough of Waltham Forest is fiercely ambitious. In 2019 the Council was named as the first London Borough of Culture and held a vast array of events. We want to make sure each and every one of our residents enjoys a quality life in London. The council has an attractive range of staff benefits:
• flexible working options
• season ticket and travel card loans
• help with managing your finances and access to an employee Credit Union
• discounted gym membership at GLL leisure centres in the borough
• discount at local bars and restaurants
• help with well-being including access to an employee assistance programme
Join our plans for growth
We have a hugely ambitious growth agenda and pride ourselves on being forward thinking and an organisation that sets high expectations. We are working with partners to secure investment in making our borough a better place, are progressing with plans to build at least 12,000 new homes and have an ambitious £5million digital programme, with more investment to come.
Be part of the vision
Our aim is that every single Waltham Forest resident enjoys a good quality life. We have a no-nonsense approach to getting things done and are embarking on a new phase in our transformation where three key priorities will underpin our ‘Creating Futures’ strategy:
• Keep Waltham Forest clean and safe
• Ensure a decent roof over residents’ heads
• Improve residents’ life chances.
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.