A vacancy has arisen for an experienced social worker to join the Connected Carers Team. This is an exciting time to join the team and we are seeking a child focused social worker to join us in our improvement journey.
Do you have the skills and experience to further develop this relatively new service to deliver good quality support to Special Guardians?
This role will work with all connected carers but with an emphasis on developing our support services to Special Guardians.
A large proportion of the work within the team is undertaking Court directed assessments of friends and families when alternative care plans are being considered for children. This is an exciting yet challenging and complex area of social work.
If you are passionate and committed to improving the lives and opportunities of children and young people, and can ensure that children are at the centre of the work that you do; then we would like to hear from you.
- A recognised professional Social Wok Qualification
- Successful completion of ASYE year together with two years post qualifying experience of working with children and families.
- Registration with Social Work England
In addition to the annual salary, we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
- Retention Payment of £2,000 per annum after 2 years' service (paid annually in April each year)
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
- Access to a Surface Pro and mobile phone, to support flexible working
- Access to Care First, our confidential information, advice and counselling service
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Sally Lunnon on 01634 334148.
Please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button. Alternatively email your cv with a covering letter to email@example.com, quoting reference CSC459RJ
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
For more information on our Children & Adults Social Care jobs please visit: www.medwaysocialcarejobs.co.uk.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.