Job Title: Planning Officer , Minerals & Waste Policy
Location: Main Base: Hertford (Predominantly Remote Working)
Salary Range: £25,481 progressing to £34,728pa (plus £2,000 market supplement)
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
This is an opportunity to be part of a busy Planning Policy team within the Environment and Infrastructure Department of the County Council. You will be responsible for working on a wide variety of projects that will help to deliver the Council’s Minerals and Waste Local Plans and other statutory local development documents. The role is predominantly remote working however office space is available if required.
You may have recently graduated and are looking to establish your career in planning, or you may already work as a Town Planner and are looking for a new challenge. If you understand the plan-making process, have drive and enthusiasm, are able to work on discrete projects to tight deadlines, and have a desire to learn and adapt to change, then please get in touch.
You will primarily be working on the production of the Minerals and Waste Local Plans, along with associated evidence base documents and other statutory local development documents. You will also be liaising with District and Borough Councils, neighbouring Minerals and Waste Planning Authorities and other relevant stakeholders on strategic matters relating to minerals and waste management development.
What you’ll bring:
- A Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree in a related subject (e.g. Town Planning, Geography or Environmental Science) or equivalent relevant experience (minimum 2 years)
- A collaborative approach to working jointly with colleagues, other teams and wider organisations
- An ability to confidently and independently represent the Minerals and Waste Planning Authority at internal and external meetings and other fora
- Experience of report writing and managing and delivering projects efficiently, on time and in a highly organised manner
- Experience of using relevant IT systems such as MS Office / Office 365 and GIS
- Attention to detail and the ability to work on discrete projects with minimal guidance
- A keen interest in problem solving and thinking outside the box.
Closing Date: 31 December 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 17 January 2022
For an informal discussion and more information please contact Chris Stanek on 01992 658398 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
Important Note re Interviews: Where we are able to, and in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines in regard to social distancing, all interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, should you be shortlisted for an interview.
Driving Roles Only: As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites/Residences either using your own mode of transport or a company car. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role a DVLA check will be required on appointment.
Overseas Applications: We will accept applications from all applicants from outside, as well as from within the UK. Sponsorship opportunities may be available
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.