Salary: £20,485 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: 15 hours per weekend
Closing date: Tuesday 30th November 2021
Interview date: TBC
How to apply: Please see application form
Who to contact if you have a query: Michael.Rennie@ymcadlg.org
About the role
YMCA DownsLink Group are seeking a Project Assistant (weekends) to support residents aged 16-25 living in supported accommodation services in Brighton and Hove.
Lansworth House and Gareth Stacey House offer high quality accommodation to 21 and 15 residents respectively, including large communal areas and garden spaces, providing opportunities for innovation in 1:1 support and group work activities.
The teamwork in a holistic manner, adopting a psychologically informed approach to support young people to transition into independent accommodation in Brighton and Hove. As a team member, you will take an assets-based approach to actively encourage young people into education, employment, and training.
• Ensuring that all residents and visitors to the project receive a friendly and professional welcome.
• Supporting the effective running of the project, dealing with face to face and telephone enquiries, processing rent payments and supporting the wider staff team to help young residents manage their behaviour and maintain their tenancies.
• You will be responsible for the safety and security of the building and the residents.
• You will also be required to ensure the safeguarding of residents is paramount during the your work time.
• Experience working with young people, particularly those considered vulnerable or with multiple and complex needs.
• Understanding of the key risks, challenges, and opportunities for young people
Able to inspire and work proactively with young people to develop their talents
• This role entails lone working and you will need to be able to manage the project on your own at times following the lone working policies and procedures in place.
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.