FIXED TERM 16 Months: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £7.40 per hour
Are you seeking an opportunity to earn and learn? Do you want to gain industry experience in a leading local employer? We have an opportunity for a Full Time Business Support Apprentice to join the team in Tiverton, Devon.
As an apprentice you will complete the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship, which takes approximately 16 months to complete. You will be supported with on the job and off the job training. You will have regular contact and access to your tutor at Petroc College and there will also be time spent away from day to day duties to complete coursework and assignments at college.
At Mid Devon District Council, Tiverton our benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to a discount shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free uniform
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking at site
As a Business Support Apprentice your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting with a variety of administrative and clerical requirements for the service.
- Communicating both internally and externally using a variety of communication methods including email, telephone and letters.
- Utilise internal systems, inclusive of databases, to ensure information is up to date and accurate.
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail and assist with bulk mailings.
- Ensure all customer enquiries are dealt with in line with Council service standards.
At Mid Devon District Council, Tiverton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- You will have a GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths at Grade 4/C or above or be willing to work towards your Level 2 functional skills.
- You will have administrative and good communication/interpersonal skills
- You will be a team player and have a desire to provide the best service possible
- You will be willing to learn and have the ability to follow instructions.
To find out more
Information about Mid Devon District Council please visit: https://www.middevon.gov.uk/your-council/
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Rosie Wills, Technical Support & Repairs Manager - (01884) 233002