New Homes Technical Defects Inspector
Grade PO3 (£39,462 - £42,609)
We strongly believe that a secure and affordable place to call home is key to helping people achieve their potential and enjoy a good quality of life - but we know that the shortage of genuinely affordable housing in our densely populated borough is a real concern for many local people.
That is why we are building safe and secure, high quality, energy efficient new homes that our residents need and are proud to live in.
This is an exciting role within our expanding New Homes Team to deliver affordable and high quality new homes in Islington.
We are looking for a skilled Technical Defects Inspector with extensive on-site experience and working knowledge of warranties and contracts (JCT) with contractor’s design responsibility and some traditional. You will be responsible for diagnosing latent/patent defects, assisting in determining liability for the remediation of these and managing the relationship with the contractor, consultants and most importantly our customers.
You will need to have an ability to identify and resolve multiple issues to ensure the highest level of contract compliance and to deliver an effective and customer focused defects service for residents. You will have an investigative and analytical mind and have perseverance to follow an issue through to a mutually satisfactory conclusion.
As the New Homes Technical Defects Inspector you will:
- Assist in the provision of an effective and customer focused aftercare service to residents of all tenures moving into new homes built through the council’s new homes programme
- Work in partnership with internal and external teams, provide technical guidance and support to the New Homes Customer Care and Delivery Teams in the diagnosis and resolution of defects and identifying poor contractor performance
- Liaise with and manage contractors and consultants to resolve latent and major defects to achieve successful resolution within agreed timeframes
- Procure and supervise work packages to address defects or post additional works
- Produce technical recommendations to improve Islington’s design guidance and internal procedures
- Monitor that maintenance and service contracts within the defects liability period are procured and carried out by the contractors. Assist with queries on O&M Manuals and any technical post completion queries
Come and join our dedicated New Build Team and help us deliver the biggest council home building scheme in Islington for a generation.