Are you an experienced, highly organised and customer focussed administrator? Do you have a high attention to detail, an analytical mindset and is someone who loves interrogating data? Then this is the role for you!
Our small, friendly and dedicated Cleansing, Recycling & Refuse team is looking for a self-motivated person to join them. You will use your excellent administrative, customer service and IT skills to support the Council’s cleansing, refuse and recycling service to residents, developers and commercial customers.
You will have a high level of written and spoken communications skills to be comfortable and confident with internal and external audiences, able to think quickly and able to adapt to changing priorities on a daily basis. This role will give you the great opportunity of working in the open air and in an office environment. You will have confident database skills as you will act as the primary system administrator for the software (Bartec) to capture, manipulate and interrogate the data collected by the Waste collection crews. You will also have the opportunity to support IT specialists in the development of the system.
A full driving licence is essential to the role. It would also be an advantage if you had had experience with a local authority and relevant experience in Waste Management
About the Person:
- You will have strong office administration experience.
- You will possess the ability to use Microsoft Office, email, intranet and internet for the collection and presentation of a wide range of data in the most appropriate format
- You will have a good standard and competency in verbal and written communication, on the phone, face to face, email and letters.
- You must have good organisational skills with an ability prioritise tasks and meet specific deadlines
- You will have the ability to work methodically and with a high level of accuracy, paying great attention to detail.
- You must have a full driving licence
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- GCSE Maths and English Grades A-C or 4-9 or equivalent
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 28 November 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 06 December 2021
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.