Rowan Park School is an outstanding Special School, which supports the learning and development of children and young people aged 3-19 years. The school has three sites; Rowan Park School for pupils aged 3-19 years with severe and complex learning difficulties, Rowan High School for pupils aged 11-19 years with a diagnosis of Autism and The Rowan Tree for Reception and Year 1 pupils’ who have a diagnosis of autism and learning difficulties.
The Governors are looking to appoint a highly skilled IT Technician to provide support throughout the three sites.
You will be required to look after the school networks, install, order and maintain software and hardware and provide technical support to teachers and pupils.
You will have excellent communication skills and be able to work by yourself and as part of a team. Your day-to-day work will include:
- maintaining the school's network, CCTV/signing in/fob systems
- installing new software and upgrading existing applications
- providing technical support for teachers and pupils
- running diagnostics
- maintaining and developing the school's website and intranet
- maintaining hardware peripherals (e.g. scanners, printers, external drives)
- purchasing kit
- ensuring internet systems are safe and offer full child protection
- training teachers and students
- liaising with suppliers on maintenance or licensing deals
You will need knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware and software commonly used in schools. You will also have good problem-solving skills, good organisational skills, with the ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users. The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential, as is a patient and methodical approach.
The hours are 36 hours per week, term time only plus 4 weeks.
Interviews: Monday, 6th December 2021
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.