Part time - 20.5 hours, on a rota basis
Fixed term - 1 post: 12 months, 2nd post: 6 months+
£10,699 - £11,132 plus 5% shift allowance
Do you thrive in a busy, customer-focused and creative environment? If so, this is the job for you!
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our visitor-focused front of house team, based in the Museum’s public galleries.
If you are interested in working with us in this landmark venue, we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
- You will be able to work flexible hours across our week opening times (usually Tuesday-Saturday), this may include occasionally working every other Saturday.
- You will be an effective communicator, who can convey enthusiasm for the Museum and its collections to members of the public.
- Someone who strives to give outstanding customer service, and always remains calm under pressure.
- A creative and confident person who will help deliver activities for family groups and talks and tours to all ages.
About the role
Successful candidates will work across the Museum, including the Museum Shop, and supporting our Reception and Venues team. You will be responsible for the safety and security of the exhibits and a wide variety of visitors, including groups and families. You must show initiative and have a warm and welcoming manner to ensure that every visitor will want to return again and again.
As part of the Museum team you will also be trained to give tours of our Victorian Bayeux Tapestry as well as introductory talks around the Museum, trained to run our Wednesday Tales for Tots session as well as running holiday activities. From time to time you will also help with administrative tasks, including evaluating the views of our visitors and our customer profile.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 28th November 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success