Job Title: Library Manager
Salary Range: £20,903 - 23,080 per annum (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 30 hours per week
- To promote the library service to the wider community, and to actively engage with local partnerships and organisations.
- To act as the face of the library service in the community and lead and motivate the library team to deliver and achieve service objectives.
- To undertake the role of site manager at the library with responsibility for providing a library service to the community and for the day-to-day management and supervision of its operation.
- As a member of the West Area Management team, take responsibility for the development and delivery of service provision within the Area.
- To support the delivery of the Inspiring Libraries Strategy, by actively promoting and encouraging all library staff to promote the library to customers, partners and community organisations, and contribute to the ambition of attracting more visitors through participation in outreach and promotional activities in the community, and via partnership working with relevant organisations and community groups to support the delivery of the Inspiring Libraries 10 year strategy.
Please see the Job Pack at the bottom of our advert which will give you a great overview of our role.
Please note – your application will not be considered if you do not provide answers to the questions listed.
Please ensure you are able to work the hours on the attached rota before applying
For an informal discussion about the post and timetable details, please contact Helen Sinclair (Operations Librarian) or Russel Barrow (Principal Librarian, West Area) on: 0300 123 4049
Closing Date: 28.11.2021
Interview Date: 07.12.2021