We don’t just help people keep their independence; we also give them peace of mind.
We support our people to be at their best, if you have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen, we would like to hear from you.
Bracknell Forest’s People Directorate has a new exciting opportunity, to support the Department in reducing the debt accrued by recipients of Adult Social care funding
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes care management, finance, financial assessments and legal, will enable this role to achieve their objective of reducing the debt owed to the Council.
You will be vital in shaping this new role and be able to express your views and ideas on enhancing the service.
We are constantly looking at ways we can work SMARTER and to support individuals in an empathetic and understanding manner will be vital in the role. The role will be supporting our front-line services ensuring that innovative tools and technology are used effectively when delivering services.
Working with several stakeholders across the council will mean a better service and outcomes for individuals of Bracknell.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
The role joins a small team of 6 who provide vital financial support within Adults Social Care. The Team always maintain a formal approach to the work and individuals but by working closely together we are there to support each other.
The role will be challenging but there will be satisfying and rewarding results. Each day will be different, but the core function and values of the Team remain the same
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders to establish the most appropriate and effective method of debt recovery.
- Communicate with recipients of care or their representatives in the most effective manner, whether this be face-to-face, by telephone, letter, or home visits
- To provide proactive support by identifying debt early and escalating any safeguarding concerns to the relevant department.
- In collaboration with the Finance Team assist in developing debt processes and procedures
- To play an active role in promoting the importance of income collection to the overall budget position, and to raise awareness of roles and responsibilities in this process across the care teams.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an experienced, confident and reliable person who is committed and passionate about reducing Adult Social Care debt, using a range of influencing skills including tact, patience, persuasion, negotiation and assertiveness.
This is a new role so there is scope to for further development within the Finance Team.
Interviews will be held on 9th December 2021.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Sam Wynne, Finance Manager - 01344 351654
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.