Contract type: Casual
Working pattern: Casual
Closing date: Friday 10th December 2021
Interview date: Tbc
How to apply: If this sounds like an opportunity that you could be passionate about, please email us your CV together with a covering letter outlining the reasons for your interest and suitability for the role to: email@example.com
About the role
Would you like to be part of an exciting organisation and help to drive the strategic agenda to have a positive impact on learning and the lives of young people along the south coast?
Dv8 Sussex is a specialist college offering young people aged 16-24 personalised, industry-led training in the most vibrant & exciting creative sectors. Through practical project based learning our students gain real-life experience to develop skills in a supportive and ambitious environment, where there are continual opportunities to work and think differently.
We are looking for exceptional people who can add a range of skills and experience that can further strengthen the Board of Directors.
We are currently seeking Non-Executive Directors with at least one of the following areas of expertise:
1. Senior experience within the post 16/Adult Skills sector;
2. Digital content creation;
3. Working with communities in the South Coast (Sussex) region.
The board meets 4 times a year, with opportunities to get involved in other activities according to your own interests and availability.
The position of Non-Executive Director is one of key importance to the organisation. Dv8 has a strong and committed board that provides effective Governance and oversight of the organisation. Each Non-Executive Director is recruited to supported specific areas of the organisation’s Governance as well as contributing to the Governance Board as a whole.
Commitment: 4 Board meetings, up to 2 Board away-days & 2 annual service visits to Dv8.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of senior management/leadership, change management and personal achievement in a complex environment in either the private, voluntary, or public sector. You are likely to have had Non-Executive Director experience and some of the following:
• High level of credibility with experience of operating at senior level within an organisation with performance-based budgets/complexity gained in the private, voluntary, or public sector;
• A passion for the organisational objectives of Dv8;
• A portfolio of high level organisational and governance skills e.g., strategic planning, financial management, risk management, organisational performance management and service delivery development;
• Politically astute – able to grasp relevant issues underpinned by an understanding of developing partnerships and building relationships with other organisations;
• Experience of achieving change management and transformation in a service-based organisation;
• A background in education that supports the understanding of the environment in which the Dv8 operates.
• A network of local contacts that enhances Dv8’s strategic and operational ambitions.
Dv8 values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination and will ensure that this opportunity is made available and promoted in a way that encourages diversity in the applications received. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented within senior leadership positions, including female, disabled and from a Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic background.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you could be passionate about, please email us your CV together with a covering letter outlining the reasons for your interest and suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 10th December at 23:59
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.