The Community Protection Team is currently looking to recruit a Community Protection Officer to deal with the investigation of nuisance and public health complaints and the enforcement of environmental crimes.
The role is varied and interesting with duties including those relating to:
• Enforcement of littering, fly-tipping, dog fouling and related environmental crime within the City.
• Enforcement of the Anti – social behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
• Statutory nuisance, noise, anti-social behaviour and general pollution investigation.
• Participation in all aspects of stray dog service, retrieving stray dogs, education and enforcing dog fouling legislation.
• Public Health and Drainage issues.
• Enforcement of animal welfare licensing provisions.
Some knowledge of all or some of the above environmental and public health protection disciplines is essential.
You will need excellent communication skills, a commitment to customer care and be an effective team member whilst still having the ability to take on a varied case load and work independently. This is an enforcement role and candidates will need experience of providing front line public services.
A full driving licence is required, and you will need to undertake some aspects of the work outside of normal office hours.
The Community Protection Officer role require the operation of a seasonal shift pattern during the summer months, where you will be required to work 5 days out of 7, between the hours of 06.00 – 21.00 hours.
Chelmsford City Council is committed to safeguarding vulnerable groups and expects all employees to share this commitment and have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practices across our services. The Council's Safer Recruitment process contains pre-employment vetting which includes safeguarding training, obtaining references and ensuring compliance with the Disclosure and Barring Service process.
To view further details for this role including the job description, please click the link on the attachments section above.