Personal Assistant required to support Jasper who is a 6 year old boy with complex medical needs and severe developmental delay. He has a very rare chromosome disorder called Trisomy 9 Mosaicism and chronic lung disease. Jasper is solely tube fed and can require oxygen administration overnight, so his saturations and heart rate need to be monitored. Jasper is non-verbal and can only walk with help.
Jasper has an older brother who is nearly 9 years old and lives near Windsor. He is a happy, playful little boy.
The successful candidate would be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Administering medication via gastrostomy
- Administering food via gastrostomy
- Monitoring oxygen saturations and heart rate
- Turning Jasper during sleep if his breathing becomes laboured therefore opening up his airway
- Getting Jasper dressed in the morning and brushing teeth
- Nappy changes when necessary
- To help clear Jasper’s secretions (physio) when he coughs
The successful candidate would be required to have specialist training in the following and would need to be a non-smoker:
- Administering oxygen via nasal cannulas or face mask and monitoring a RAD 5 or 8 oxygen saturation machine. Oxygen supplied via cannister or concentrator.
- Tube feeding via a gastrostomy
If you are interested in finding out more or have any questions around rate of pay and the hours per week etc, please contact email@example.com