The Council’s in-house cemetery management team is expanding and we are now looking to appoint a Cemetery Supervisor. This new post has been created in response to increased workload. You will be responsible for managing a small team of gravedigger / gardeners across three open and five closed cemeteries in Dartford. Taking orders direct from the Bereavement Services Manager key duties will include the preparation of graves for burials, all aspects of grounds maintenance within sites and assisting with funerals. The post involves working closely and sympathetically with internal staff, funeral directors, cemetery visitors and customers.
We are looking for someone who get things done; we have very high standards in our cemeteries and cannot fail to deliver our services. You will need to be a very organised self-starter with the initiative to problem solve on the go as and when required. You will need to be flexible and able to work under pressure and someone who cares about getting the small details right.
You will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in a cemetery or a similar comparable environment
- Experience of dealing with grounds maintenance or similar work
- Experience of managing manual staff
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Confidence, enthusiasm, empathy, sympathy and flexibility
- Passion for meeting deadlines and ensuring that service standards are met
- A full driving licence is essential
Interviews to take place week commencing 6th December
How to Apply
Please complete your application by using the apply button below
Do not send your CV – only fully completed application forms will be accepted