• An expert at managing projects and programmes and can evidence a strong and varied history of delivering digital, technical, and business change programmes to time, budget and quality?
• An accomplished and inspirational leader with proven experience both in leading and developing teams, and in influencing organisations to embrace digital opportunities?
• Adept at building relationships at every level within organisations and working collaboratively and creatively to address issues and manage delivery-related risk?
• Confident in managing conflicting and changing priorities in a complex environment and can mobilise and guide cross-departmental teams to adapt as needed?
• Excited to work in the open and share experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Programme Lead role could be perfect for you. Join us and help drive our transformation and ultimately make people’s lives better.
Our mission is to create connected and inclusive communities. Digital is how we do business and we’re harnessing innovation and user-centred design to transform the future for our residents and businesses.
Join us at the forefront of innovation and use your skills to make a positive impact.
You’ll join us at the very heart of our transformation and will have the opportunity to lead key programmes and projects delivering cutting edge customer-facing services, smart city technologies, new business applications or upgrading our infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to make amazing services a reality, with the help of a talented team.
You’ll lead your team to deliver digital and IT programmes and projects from inception to roll-out, keeping them aligned to our strategic outcomes. You’ll work with your project delivery managers to ensure each project has a solid business case, that budgets are identified and tracked, controls are maintained, and governance is followed. You will collaborate with key stakeholders throughout the organisation, ensuring our programmes and projects are delivered in partnership, leading transformational change across the borough, promoting new ways of working and reporting progress at key governance meetings.
Find out more
Please read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
• A competitive salary of £49,827 - £52,866.
• A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays.
• Generous, secure, and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. Although it is important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required, we do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week, and we offer flexible working arrangements.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to Apply
Please apply online outlining what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. It’s strongly advised that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.