Hours of work: 36 hours per week Monday to Thursday 7.30 am to 10.30 am and then 2.30 pm to 6.30 pm Friday 7.30 am to 11.30 am and then 2.30 pm to 6.30 pm (flexibility around these hours may be offered subject to agreement with the Head teacher).
52 weeks per year
Holiday Entitlement: 27 days (dates to be agreed with the Head teacher in line with the needs of the school).
The Head teacher and Governing Board of Freshfield Primary School are looking to appoint a permanent full time Site Manager with effect from January 2022.
This is a key role providing vital support to the continuing success of an outstanding school and is an exciting opportunity for a self-motiviated individual with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our happy and hardworking team.
The successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and work hard as well as an aptitude for practical work. The role will suit someone who enjoys new challenges in a varied and busy school environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is reliable, has energy, vision and takes pride in their work
- Has a visible presence when on duty for the start and end of the school day, parent teacher evenings, performances, etc. to help ensure staff/pupil and parent safety.
- Will ensure that our school site is safe, clean and tidy to provide a high-quality learning environment for our children.
- Will prioritise and manage workload efficiently and independently
- Will act as the main key holder, with responsibility for locking and unlocking the school site
- Will act as the nominated alarm contact for school
- Will liaise with contractors and cleaning staff
- Will take a key role in health & safety checks and monitoring, including Fire, Legionella and play equipment with input to COSHH and Risk Assessments
- Will undertake preventative maintenance & repairs and is practical, with good DIY skills
- Will monitor and order cleaning stocks
- Will demonstrate excellent communication skills with children and adults
Will adhere to and uphold all school policies in particular safeguarding and health and safety
- Freshfield Primary School offers:
- Happy, polite and well-behaved children who are enthusiastic about learning
- A friendly and committed team.
- Opportunities for professional development
This position is subject to a clear enhanced DBS and barred list check.