Are you a committed caretaker who takes pride in your work? Do you have a flexible approach, great communication skills and love working as part of a team? Then the Woodhatch Community Centre needs you!
**Salary for 25 hours will be £13,246 - £14,265 per annum.**
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, hard-working and strong team player to join our great team! The Centre is one of three in Horley, Reigate and Banstead and are at the heart of our communities providing a range of wellbeing activities for local residents.
In this rewarding role you will be required to work as part of the team at the Centre in the role of caretaker and cleaner, as well as assisting with general tasks when required. You will be responsible for ensuring the building and its surroundings are kept clean, tidy and in good condition. You will set up rooms for different bookings, often with short room turnaround times, be a fire warden conducting regular fire and security tests and undertake simple DIY tasks/decorating. There will also be a requirement for you to monitor supplies, place orders, accept and check deliveries and arrange neat, safe storage (please check the job description for more details).
The hours of work will vary depending on lettings, including weekend working when required. At Woodhatch the current pattern is generally a rotating shift of one week on mornings, one week on afternoons and one week on evenings.
About the Person:
- You must have previous experience in a similar caretaker/cleaner role
- You will have experience of working in a team environment
- Ideally you will have experience of stock supply management including ordering.
- You will have strong communication skills verbally and in writing
- You may have experience of maintaining work logs and safety check records daily/weekly/ad hoc.
- Ideally you will have experience of doing DIY, decoration and small repair tasks to a high standard.
- You will have a flexible and adaptable approach to your work with the ability to re-prioritise tasks when required
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- Manual handling qualification, or willingness to train
- First aid certificate, or willingness to train.
- COSHH training, or willingness to train.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: Extended to 28 November 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 06 December 2021
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.