• An experienced and successful delivery manager who has led a range of complex projects from inception to roll-out and transition into support?
• Skilled at stakeholder management and you are excellent at building strong relationships?
• Comfortable leading multidisciplinary teams, working with internal colleagues as well as supplier resources?
• Experienced with different project management approaches, with an appreciation of which methodology or what blend of methodologies is most appropriate to which projects?
• Excited to work in the open and share experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Project Delivery Manager role could be perfect for you. Join us at the heart of our transformation and help us make sure our ambitious targets are achieved.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months, with the potential to extend.
Our mission is to create connected and inclusive communities. Digital is how we do business and we’re harnessing innovation and user-centred design to transform the future for our residents and businesses.
Join us at the forefront of innovation and use your skills to make a positive impact.
You’ll deliver a wide range of projects, make exciting plans come to life and you will work with teams across the council to provide the benefits needed to our communities. You’ll help us deliver better, more inclusive digital services to every corner of our borough.
You will work with stakeholders and other colleagues to scope and plan each of your projects; estimating costs, managing budgets, planning and managing resources and ensuring robust governance and controls are in place and followed. You will adopt and champion new ways of working to deliver each project in the most effective way, keeping track of the risks, issues and dependencies. You will represent your projects at every stage of the process and provide regular highlight reports to your key stakeholders and other interested parties.
The work you do will be fundamental to the success of our transformation.
Find out more
Read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
How to apply
Please apply online outlining what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. It’s strongly advised that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- A competitive salary of £34,884-£43,860.
- A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays.
- Generous, secure, and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. Although it is important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required, we do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week, and we offer flexible working arrangements.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.