Hours of work: 37 Hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Monday 29 November 2021, noon
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Glenleigh Park Primary Academy
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Site Manager - Glenleigh Park Primary Academy
We are delighted to be able to offer you the chance to apply for this exciting role at Glenleigh Park Primary Academy. We are a two form entry school with a purpose built Nursery which welcomes children aged two and over. Our large modern building, with extensive grounds, provides a fantastic learning environment.
Glenleigh Park is a school that can offer exceptional professional development opportunities, high levels of support and the chance to make a real difference to pupils’ outcomes. We work closely with other schools in our Trust and there are several opportunities to share ideas and learn from each other.
We are looking for a committed, highly-skilled and enthusiastic Site Manager to join our highly effective team and ensure our school continues to be well-maintained and looked after.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Ensure the satisfactory continuous operation of the school’s buildings, maintenance, grounds and equipment.
- Ensure that the school and Nursery are safe and secure
- Provide a high quality of service at all times
- Ensure that the school’s equipment and facilities are maintained to the highest standards, facilitating high educational standards
- Liaise with the School Business Manager (SBM) and Senior Leadership Team (SLT), advising on matters relating to the site and buildings and promptly highlighting issues or concerns that affect the safe operation of the school
- Liaise effectively with contractors on all works to the school, ensuring that any disruption to the effective continuous operation of the school is minimised, whilst not delaying the works that need to be undertaken
- Assist in the preparation of capital improvement grant claims, as required
- Assist in the preparation of an Asset Management Plan
- Manage the effective site maintenance and security of the school
- Oversee Health and Safety within school and ensure the required Risk Assessments are carried out in good time, in the required manner, by the appropriate member of staff
This list is not exhaustive and is subject to change to meet the needs of the Academy’s development plans.
In return, we can offer you:
- A supportive environment that will allow you to be your best
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Bespoke CPD opportunities to help your development as Site Manager
We are looking for someone:
- Who thrives as part of a team and is committed to continuing school improvement
- That has high expectations of themselves and others
Visits to the school are welcomed. To arrange a visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Description, Person Specification and application form are available to download from our website: http://glenleighparkprimaryacademy.org/jobs
Glenleigh Park Primary Academy is committed to the safeguarding of pupils and we follow safer recruitment practice. References will be taken up prior to interview and an enhanced criminal records bureau check will be made prior to appointment
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.