Hours of work: 22.2 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Working pattern: Part-time
(As the position is part-time, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: 9am on Monday 29 November 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
St Thomas a Becket Catholic Primary School, Tutts Barn Lane, Eastbourne, East Sussex., BN22 8XT
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced teacher to join us and be a part of our Senior Leadership team.
We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner and someone to lead EYFS and KS1. The post will also hold DSL responsibilities. Experience in these areas would be an advantage.
This post is for 0.6 FTE.
If you are creative and innovative in your approach to teaching and learning and keen to be part of whole school progress and development, we would love to hear from you.
We are a large, welcoming and inclusive, Primary School located on the beautiful South Coast, with 430 children currently on roll. Our values are an inclusive “Catholic, Coastal and Diverse” approach to all.
We are very proud of our school grounds and building, with staff and children showing dedication to caring for our classrooms, communal areas and displays of work.
At St Thomas a Becket Catholic Primary School, our intention is that our curriculum extends opportunity, raises aspiration, opens children’s eyes to Jesus and God’s love and the world beyond their immediate environment, enabling them to live happy, healthy and productive lives and inspire them to become lifelong learners.
We aim to build resilience and encourage a positive growth mindset amongst our children as it is often through mistakes we learn the most.
Everyone at St Thomas a Becket follows the Eight Learning Characters which encourages our children to:
- Don’t give up
- Be cooperative
- Be curious
- Have a go
- Use your imagination
- Keep improving
- Enjoy learning
We are seeking an experienced teacher and Senior Leader who is inspired by our vision and would relish the opportunity to join our team and support our staff to continue to embed our curriculum development programme to further raise standards across the key stages.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Outstanding practice
- Commitment to getting the best from children by setting high expectations, and to inspire excellence through motivation and challenge
- Embedding a reading culture across EYFS and Key Stage 1 to further promote a love of reading
- Commitment to continued professional development both as an individual, for their staff team and the wider school
- A collaborative approach as a team player, and highly conscientious with excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to contribute towards supporting the wider work of the school
- Energy, enthusiasm, resilience and a positive outlook to ensure engaging learning experiences for the children
- Have the ability to communicate professionally both orally and in writing, with strong organisational, planning and follow – through skills
We can offer:
- A vibrant, exciting, broad and balanced curriculum
- Children with passion and enthusiasm for learning
- A wonderful working and learning environment, with fantastic outdoor spaces, and exciting development projects in place
- A friendly, caring and supportive staff team
- A strong and supportive Senior Leadership team, with a range of skills and experience
- An experienced and committed Governing Body
- Engaged parents and a thriving Coastal, Catholic and Diverse community
- Excellent relationships with our Local Parishes
The post is on the Leadership scale to reflect the level of responsibilities as a class teacher, DSL and member of the Leadership team.
For the above reason, this post is not suitable to NQT's / ECT's.
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and our school appeals to you, we encourage you to get in touch via our school office. A visit and chat can then be arranged, to include a tour of our school.
Interviews will be held on 3 December 2021
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.